Functie omschrijving Mechanical Engineer
As a mechanical engineer you apply mechanical knowledge and deliver services during the design, construction and commissioning of new Urea factories. You also help optimizing and/or improving the mechanical performance and reliability of existing Urea factories.
Operations advance is organized within the Business Line Services, within the organization. The department is working in a project environment, being responsible for managing all Advance projects, while at the same time delivering all relevant technological and technical knowledge and resources to define, sell, and execute the projects. Additional tasks:
- Knowledge of the key tasks and content of the deliverables of Mechanical Engineers and Pre-Commissioning Engineers;
- Preparation of specifications and requisitions for supply of proprietary equipment and site services based on Customer ITB requirements and internal standards;
- Technical evaluation and alignment of manufacturer bids for supply of proprietary equipment;
- Contribute to risk assessments prior to contracting and monitoring of risks through project execution;
- Preparation and participation in pre-award meetings, kick-off meetings, pre-inspection meetings and inspections for supply of proprietary equipment;
- Support EPC contractor, and equipment manufacturer, applying knowledge of design codes for high pressure equipment, such as ASME, AD-Merkblätter and CEN;
- Ensure that equipment manufacturers are delivering in accordance with the defined quality level;
- Knowledge of the inspection expertise of third party inspections companies;
- Supply of creative solutions in mechanical and equipment design and update the Mechanical Engineering Design Manual, General Specifications and the standard equipment data sheets, accordingly;
- Advise customer on a mechanical level;
- Propose improvements to existing work practices, processes, procedures and instructions and to optimize these. This also based on reported experiences and findings;
- Work on parallel different phased projects. Team member of multi-disciplinary teams. Planning of its own activities in consultation with customers, acquisition, the Project Manager and team members;
- Ensure the supply of deliverables as defined in the scope of work and services are in accordance with the schedule as agreed upon by all parties involved;
- Realize the defined activities within the approved budget;
- Support continuous improvement by evaluating realized projects and contributing to manufacturer improvement and qualification programs.
Functie eisen Mechanical Engineer
- You have at least 5 years of experience in Urea mechanical engineering in projects and operational factory experience;
- Broad experience in international engineering contractors business with core knowledge in design and manufacturing of pressure vessels and piping systems.
- Higher vocational/ Academic level in Mechanical Engineering with knowledge of equipment and applications in chemical plants;
- In-depth knowledge of mechanical engineering within the field or Urea manufacturing plants, competitors’ Urea processes and corresponding history;
- Knowledge of materials and corrosion phenomena;
- Knowledge of mechanical drafting tools e.g. AutoCAD, Inventor, Plant3D;
- Knowledge of mechanical calculation tools e.g. PV Elite, DIMy, CAESAR;
- Knowledge of related fields e.g. flow sheeting, P&IDs, isometrics, software programming;
- Knowledge of ESA/HAZOP studies and the Cactus method, Basic Safety Course;
- Good command of written and spoken English.